Measuring wheel set
We develop measuring wheel sets for any wheel disc geometries and axle loads especially for roadworthiness tests of rail vehicles:
- FE calculation of the wheel sets for all relevant load cases.
- global optimization of the wiring and the strain gauge positions
- prediction of the performance of the measuring wheelset in advance (feasibility criterion)
- linearity error of the measuring wheelset as sensor
- dynamic behavior of the measuring wheelset
- signal strength and signal ripple of the measuring signals
- crosstalk behavior between radial and axial forces
- direct integration of the measuring wheelset as a sensor into the measurement chain (synchronous data acquisition)
- real-time evaluation (calculation and display of forces)
The design algorithm developed by Engenium enables the use of our measuring wheelsets as highly dynamic force sensors and thus also the evaluation of the infrastructure with regard to high-frequency load situations (e.g. switch travel). The measuring wheelsets can be used for this purpose without temporal filters (direct response).