To test the fatigue strength, we carry out measurements and on-track tests in accordance with EN 13749, EN 12663-1, EN 12663-2, EN 15827, the Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSI) and Notified National Technical Rules (NNTR).
- Measurement of strains / stresses / structural deformation, forces, torsional and bending moments, accelerations, displacements and many more.
- On-tack tests on running gears and their components (EN 13749)
- On-track tests for validation of design (EN 15827)
- Impact tests for experimental strength verification:
- Locomotives and passenger vehicles: to demonstrate full serviceability for rail vehicles during normal shunting impacts (EN 12663-1)
- Freight waggons: for testing inertia effects (connection between car frame and bogies, behavior of superstructures) and load effects on superstructures and end faces (EN 12663-2)
- On-track tests to verify strength under torsional and bending loads for wheelset shafts in accordance with DIN Manual 491/1 (roller burnishing tests, chatter measurements)
Head of Measurement Technology
Measurement Technology and Algortihms